You might have read in my recent post that we grow lemons at home in Bangkok ourselves. In Thailand lemons are more expensive than limes and available mostly at supermarkets. I’ve never seen them in local markets which (I would say) are where most of the population actually shops. That’s totally understandable because, even for a fan like me, lemons aren’t something I keep as a staple in my fridge when my trees aren’t fruiting. I only buy them when I know exactly what I’m gonna use them for – for example, a lemon tart. Otherwise, I tend to stick with limes because they’re everywhere and just right for Thai cooking. (We actually also grow limes. Lots of them. Did you not guess that? :P)
Last year two of our lemon trees began fruiting really well and we’ve enjoyed our lemons in many ways. However, with their aroma, I find that a quick and easy drink is enough to delight. I’ve been using lemons to infuse my water a lot and I even take a bottle of lemon-infused water with me when I hit the gym. I would say, though, that I use them the most in my tea! Why? Because it’s so easy and I get to have it every morning. More importantly, I’m sharing the recipe of the tea with you all right here in this post. 🙂
If you work in front of the computer all day like me and you like tea, you’ll probably agree that there’s nothing quite like starting your day with a soothing cup of tea. Doing this helps clear my mind and sets me up for the day. I don’t even know anymore if it’s the tea or the routine, but there’s definitely tea involved.
Apart from being a great start to your day, this honey and lemon green tea is:
- refreshing – great as an afternoon pick-me-up
- a perfect cold, flu, sore throat and cough remedy
- a natural way to relieve period pain (peppermint tea and ginger tea are also great for menstrual cramps if you don’t fancy green tea)
With all these benefits, I hope you try this tea at home. If you want to change or add something, feel free to. You can choose whatever tea you like or even add fresh ginger to it — anything you want.
Have this tea with my:
- No Bake Peach Cheesecake Bars with a Granola Crust
- Thai Pork Toast (Khanom Pang Na Moo)
- Easy Healthy Savory Purple Sweet Potato Spread (on toast)
Honey and Lemon Green Tea Recipe
A hot aromatic tea perfect for your morning routine or afternoon pick-me-up.
- 2 green tea bags (or any kind you prefer)
- 2½ cups hot water (boiling water that's been rest for a few minutes)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 lemon slice cut in half
- Honey (as much as you want)
1. Place the tea bags and lemon juice in a teapot
2. Add hot water and let the tea steep for a few minutes before removing the tea bags.
3. Sweeten to taste with honey and add half a slice of lemon to each cup.
If You Make This Recipe
Tag @cookingwithnart on Instagram and hashtag it #cookingwithnart
Please also remember to pin me! 🙂
All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.