Is anyone obsessed with yuzu like me? From facial cleanser to body lotion and bottled drinks, I’m all about this divine-smelling citrus fruit these days. This fruit is really magical and helps me relax like no other. I mean, I wouldn’t mind sniffing my facial cleanser all day.
Okay, okay, I will stop talking about my cleanser now. Let’s get down to business.
During my last trip in Japan, I picked up a bottle of pure yuzu juice with the idea of yuzu salad dressing or sauce in mind. Then came the not-so-typical day I felt like having a light dinner and out I took my yuzu juice from the refrigerator. Luckily, I already had tofu, cherry tomatoes, butternut squash, broccoli and romaine lettuce, which were all screaming salad at me.
So I started off by sending the cherry tomatoes, butternut squash and broccoli into the oven to roast for 20 minutes. While those cooked, I slightly browned the tofu over medium heat without oil (you can use some if your pan sticks). Then, I just chopped the romaine lettuce and whipped up this super easy and refreshing honey yuzu salad dressing in about 2 minutes!
Seriously, the word refreshing doesn’t do this light dressing justice! The aroma of the yuzu that comes through is so uplifting that it reminds me of when I’m winding down. All in all, this salad is just perfect for when you want a light, healthy meal or when you fancy a simple yet delish homemade salad dressing. If you can get hold of yuzu juice, I highly recommend you keep a bottle so that you can whip up this honey yuzu dressing anytime you feel like it!
Tofu Salad with Refreshing Honey Yuzu Dressing Recipe
For the Salad
- 70 grams cherry tomatoes
- 250 grams broccoli cut into bite-sized pieces
- 150 grams butternut squash cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 generous pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250 grams tofu of your choice
- 150 grams romaine lettuce chopped
For the Honey Yuzu Dressing
- 2 tablespoons yuzu juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place tomatoes, broccoli and butternut squash on a baking sheet. Add salt, garlic powder and olive oil and massage the vegetables with your hands. Roast in the oven at 180 °C for 20 minutes.
- While the vegetables cook, slightly brown the tofu in a frying pan over medium heat, about 3-5 minutes. If you need to use oil in this step, feel free to.
- Make the salad dressing by mixing yuzu juice, white wine vinegar and honey in a bowl.
- Once the roast vegetables are done, place all the vegetables and tofu on a plate and drizzle with the dressing to enjoy.
All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.