Hummus Toast is an easy and healthy breakfast, appetizer or snack. It takes less than 5 minutes to make and is so delicious. Find out in this post what some of the best topping combinations you can use are!
Why This Is A Great Breakfast, Appetizer or Snack
Hummus on toast is so quick and easy to put together and it’s delicious and healthy – just as simple as that! To make things easier, you’re probably going to want to prepare the hummus and toppings you desire beforehand. Or you can use any leftover hummus and toppings you happen to have available in your pantry or refrigerator. The bread, the toppings, or even the hummus itself are totally customizable!
If you’re making it for breakfast, you can enjoy it with honey and lemon tea, butterfly pea tea or butterfly pea milk. If you’re making is as a snack or an appetizer for a party, serve it with butterfly pea lemonade, peach lemonade or this amazing raspberry lime vodka cocktail!
My Latest Video
- Bread: Use any kind of bread you like. You can slice it however thick or thin you prefer and toast until crispy.
- Hummus: I highly recommend my purple sweet potato hummus because it’s oh so good and look at how gorgeous the color is! I mean, this is gonna be great as something to wake up to, a show stopper or a great afternoon snack.
- Toppings: See variations below for some ideas.
- Toast your bread: You can do this in a toaster or oven to your preferred level of crispiness.
- Spread the hummus: Spread as much hummus as you want onto the toast.
- Sprinkle the toppings: Sprinkle any toppings of your choice onto the hummus toast and enjoy!
Toppings or Variations
Here are some of the toppings I have tried and enjoyed:
Pistachios and Black Sesame
Pistachios and black sesame work great on hummus toast. They give you that extra nuttiness and crunch you will definitely enjoy!
Cucumber and Tomato
There’s no need to say much about hummus cucumber toast. If hummus and cucumber were people, they could marry each other. And with tomato added, imagine how refreshing!
Macadamia and Carrot
Again, carrots and hummus. Great combo, right? Add some chopped macadamia to that and it’s even better. And look at the colors, don’t you think this will also work for Halloween?
Hard Boiled Egg and Black Pepper
Now, my favorite – egg on hummus toast! I think this is the most savory of all and I’m just a big fan of eggs. I mean, it’s a good protein and also filling. Some people like a poached egg on hummus toast but I prefer the simple hard boiled egg. Just chop it up, put it on the toast and sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper on top for that warm fragrance you will LOVE.
Easy Hummus Toast
- 1 slice bread any kind you like
- Purple sweet potato hummus or any store-bought hummus
- Toppings see images above for ideas
- Toast your bread in a toaster or oven to your preferred level of crispiness.
- Spread as much hummus as you want onto the toast.
- Sprinkle any toppings of your choice (see ideas above) onto the hummus toast and enjoy right away.