These cottage cheese egg muffins are such a great make-ahead breakfast. They're easy to put together, packed with protein and totally portable. You can meal prep them over the weekend and eat them on the run during the week!
AN IDEAL BREAKFAST FOR BUSY MORNINGS
Healthy breakfasts are a great way to help you stick to healthier choices throughout the day. But when you're pressed for time - I get it - it can be hard to stop and ask yourself whether what you're eating is healthy or not. That's why I love my quick and easy breakfasts: savory oatmeal with vegetables, mixed berry smoothie, overnight oats, chia pudding, and of course, cottage cheese egg muffins!
These cottage cheese egg muffins are low in carbs, high in protein and super filling. They're one of the best grab-and-go breakfasts you can meal prep over the weekend because they keep for up to 5 days in the fridge and 1 month in the freezer. You can reheat these egg muffins in seconds and be on your way to work. On top of that, they are great to have when you need a quick, healthy snack!
FULL OF GOODNESS
These cottage cheese egg muffins are packed full of goodness. For starters, they contain four different vegetables: garlic, onions, carrots and chives, which are full of fiber, vitamins and minerals. Also, the eggs and cottage cheese are going to give you the protein to fuel your mornings.
Thanks to the distinctive flavors of garlic, onions and chives, these egg muffins are not only healthy but also tasty!
HOW TO MAKE COTTAGE CHEESE EGG MUFFINS
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Sauté the garlic, onions, chives and carrots in olive oil.
3. Whisk together the eggs, cottage cheese, salt and pepper. Then, add the cooked vegetables and stir until just combined.
4. Grease your muffin tin and pour the egg mixture into each cup. Bake for 20 minutes and enjoy!
If you have a large measuring cup, I recommend you whisk together the ingredients in it, as it makes it very easy to pour to egg mixture into the muffin cups without creating a mess. If you don't have one, you can use a mixing bowl and ladle the egg mixture into the muffin cups instead.
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT COTTAGE CHEESE EGG MUFFINS
Refrigerator - Place the egg muffins in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Freezer - Once the egg muffins are completely cool, place them in a freezer bag and freeze. They will keep in the freezer for about 1 month.
If you store them in the fridge, simply microwave them for 40 seconds.
If you freeze them, microwave them for 1.5-2 minutes. Alternatively, you can place them in the fridge the night before eating so that they can thaw. Then, microwave for 40 seconds or until warm.
COTTAGE CHEESE EGG MUFFIN VARIATIONS TO TRY
While these cottage cheese egg muffins contain cottage cheese, garlic, onions, chives and carrots, there are so many other great combinations you can try!
- Basil, tomatoes & mozzarella
- Bacon, mushrooms & cheddar
- Garlic, mushrooms & ham
- Spinach & sun dried tomatoes
- Green onions, peppers & sausages
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
- Passion Fruit & Coconut Water Tropical Smoothie
- Easy Healthy Savory Purple Sweet Potato Spread/Hummus
- Thai-Style Sesbania Flower Omelet
- Easy Thai-Style Omelet | Kai Jeow
- Savory Oatmeal with Vegetables (Vegan)
Cottage Cheese Egg Muffins Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 cup chopped chives
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 ounces cottage cheese
- Olive oil to coat the muffin tin
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium heat and sauté the garlic and onions for a minute. Add the chives and carrots and sauté for another 3 minutes or until the carrots are soft.
- Whisk together the eggs, cottage cheese, salt and pepper. Add the cooked vegetables to the egg mixture and stir until combined.
- Grease the muffin tin with olive oil. Pour the egg mixture into the muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes.