Eggplant Stir-Fried with Thai Basil Leaves & Salted Soy Beans Recipe
This is an easy Thai green long eggplant stir-fry with Thai basil leaves and salted soy beans. The Thai basil leaves and salted soy beans really help make this Thai eggplant stir-fry so delicious and different from the other versions. So good with rice!
Servings: 3 servings
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium-sized Thai green long eggplant or any kind of eggplant you can find cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cloves garlic smashed
- 180 grams beef cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon salted soy beans
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 100 milliliters water
- 5-7 Thai bird's eye chilies sliced diagonally
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
Heal oil in a pan over medium heat and fry the eggplant for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. This is going to keep the texture and color of the eggplant nice, as opposed to cooking it in the pan the whole time.
Add garlic and beef to the pan and stir until the beef is almost done.
Add water and season with salted soy beans and sugar. Adjust the seasoning as needed.
Place the eggplant back in the pan with chilies and Thai basil leaves and stir for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and serve with rice immediately.