This jasmine-infused water is so simple, yet so refreshing and pretty! The fragrance is so beautiful you can make it a drink to serve when you have guests over. Also, you can put it in a nice glass bottle and bring it to a get-together or give it to people as a gift on special occasions!
- 1 large handful fresh jasmine flowers
- 5.1 ounces drinking water
Gently rinse the flowers to clean them and set aside.
Pour the drinking water into a large pitcher that comes with a lid.
Add the flowers into the pitcher and close the lid.
Cool in the refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours so that the jasmine-infused water gives a strong enough scent. (I personally like to do this overnight.)
Discard the flowers and drink or put the pitcher back into the refrigerator and drink or serve whenever you want.
- Do not leave the jasmine flowers in the water for too long---i.e., longer than overnight. Leaving jasmine flowers in the water for too long causes the grassy smell as well.
- If you're serving this drink to guests after it has been in the refrigerator for a few hours, you can use a few flowers in each glass for garnish.
- If you make this drink in the evening and use jasmine buds in the right size, the flowers will bloom and still look perfect in the morning. You can put them in a bowl with water for home decoration!