Vegan Laab Recipe With Konjac Noodles
Laab is a Thai salad that is refreshing, flavorful and takes only minutes to make. Although traditionally made with ground meat, this recipe uses konjac noodles instead so it’s suitable for vegans and vegetarians!
Servings: 1 serving
- 3 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoons lime juice
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted rice powder buy this here or learn how to make it from this post
- 1 tablespoon roasted Thai chili flakes buy these here or learn how to make them from this post
- 3 shallots sliced
- 3-4 culantro leaves roughly chopped (This is not the same as cilantro but if you can't find it, you can use green onions instead)
- 7 ounces konjac noodles strained
Add the lime juice and soy sauce to a salad bowl. Then, add the sugar and use a spoon to stir until the sugar is fully dissolved.
Add the toasted rice powder, chili flakes, shallots, culantro, and konjac noodles and toss to combine.
Transfer to a serving plate and serve immediately with your preferred fresh vegetables.
- If you want to make this vegan laab really good, I highly recommend you make your own toasted rice powder and roasted Thai chili flakes, which I have written how-to guides for and linked up in this post already. Quality ingredients do make a BIG difference for laab!
- Please also note that culantro is not the same thing as cilantro! However, it might be less common in other parts of the world so you can use green onions instead if you can't find it.