Thai Stir-Fried Morning Glory or Water Spinach | Pad Pak Boong Recipe
Thai stir-fried morning glory or water spinach is one of the best vegetable stir-fries ever! It’s such a great way to get your greens in. Delicious with rice or plain rice porridge.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Category: Stir-Fry
- Cuisine: Thai
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 bird’s eye chilis, crushed
- 400 grams morning glory, rinsed and cut into 4-cm lengths
- 1½ tablespoons salted soy bean paste
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat.
- Add garlic and chilis and stir for 10 seconds.
- Add morning glory. Season with salted soy bean paste and oyster sauce. Stir-fry for a minute before removing from heat. Serve immediately with rice or plain rice porridge.
If you want to keep this dish healthy, simply use a healthy oil. To make it vegan, just replace oyster sauce with soy sauce.
This dish is best served off the stove. Otherwise, the morning glory will look too wilted and sad! So only make it when you’re ready to eat. 🙂
Keywords: morning glory, water spinach, Thai morning glory stir-fry, Thai vegetable stir-fry, pad pak boong, healthy vegetable stir-fry