Thai Egg Salad | Yum Kai Tom Recipe
This Thai egg salad is healthy, delicious, cheap and easy to make! It’s great as an appetizer or a side to plain rice congee. Also a great way to put your hard-boiled Easter eggs to good use!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Thai
- 5 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2½ teaspoons sugar
- 6 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 red bird’s eye chiles, chopped
- 2 boiled eggs
- 9 cilantro leaces
- Add lime juice, fish sauce and sugar to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave at high heat for about 20 seconds.
- Fully dissolve the sugar by stirring the mixture with a spoon.
- Add shallots and bird’s eye chiles to the dressing and mix.
- Use a thin thread to quarter the eggs and arrange them on a plate.
- Drizzle all the salad dressing over the eggs and garnish with cilantro leaves.
Keywords: boiled eggs, healthy egg salad, shallots, cilantro, coriander