I don’t know about you but whenever I clean my kitchen, I always take out stuff that’s been sitting in my pantry for way too long and try to use it to create something my family and I could enjoy. And today that stuff just happened to be some granola and a jar of sliced peaches in light syrup.
With everyone on the granola bandwagon, you might wonder why I never finished mine. Basically, I bought this pack of granola from a store and it had this weird smell that I didn’t really like. I avoided the thing literally every morning but still the smell just wasn’t bad enough for me to throw it away.
As for the peaches…another ingredient, another story. So here in Thailand, people like to give food gift baskets for new year’s and a lot of times this would include a jar of sliced peaches in light syrup. Luckily, my dad gets a few baskets every year and he gives most of the stuff, if not all, to me and my siblings.
Having been craving cheesecake for a while, it was a no brainer for me to turn the granola and peaches into these tasty no bake peach cheesecake bars. And my, the result!
These are some seriously refreshing and not overly sweet cheesecake bars. They were such a hit when I shared them with my family. If you looking for an easy dessert recipe for a hot summer day, you have to try this one. It’s a cheesecake and it doesn’t require any baking. The good thing about no bake cheesecakes is that it’s really hard for you to fail. So what’s not to like about it, eh? Also, the recipe calls for just a few ingredients. You won’t have to spend a lot of time finding stuff to make it happen. So try it and let me know what you think!
By the way, it did a great job of hiding the granola’s smell! A great way to use up your granola or peaches in light syrup, if you ask me. :pPrint
No Bake Peach Cheesecake Bars with a Granola Crust
A very refreshing no bake peach cheesecake bar with a granola crust.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 16 pieces 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 2 ½ cup granola (any kind)
- ½ cup melted butter
- 226 g cream cheese
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup white sugar
- 16 slices of peach in light syrup (drained and cut)
- In a food processor, pulse the granola to a fine crumb. Add the melted butter and pulse again to mix.
- Press the granola crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9×9 inch baking dish and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Whip the heavy whipping cream and set aside.
- Whip the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy and fold in the whipped cream.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the granola crust.
- Wrap the dish and refrigerate for 30 minutes before slicing and topping with the peaches to serve.
If you want the texture to be a little harder, you can freeze the cheesecake for 1.5 hours and allow to thaw 10-15 minutes before serving
Keywords: cheesecake, peach, granola, healthy dessert
All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.