Although I consider myself a somewhat healthy eater, bad days just tend to get me. Whenever I’m down or stressed, I find myself craving junk food. And the craving I get is so strong that no dark chocolates or nuts will do. The funny thing is a lot of times I actually crave stuff I don’t usually eat much. Stuff like…burgers.
Apologies to all you burger lovers out there, but burger is one thing I steer clear of on my “normal” days. So what do I do when I suddenly crave it on a bad day? You’d think I’d go with the easy options like McDonalds’ and Burger King because they’re easy to find in Bangkok. But since they’re not known for being healthy, I opt for my own recipe which is actually good for your body (if you eat meat, that is) and just as satisfying.
And don’t get me wrong – I personally don’t follow a strict or particular diet but when it’s something so easy to whip up I like to make the healthier version myself. Trust me, healthy food doesn’t have to taste awful and your body will thank you for it.
While this mini chicken burger recipe is great for lunch or dinner, it’s also perfect for parties. It’s very easy to make, takes so little time and only calls for basic ingredients. Not to mention you can choose a healthier kind of bun or even make your own as well. If you’re not in a rush next time you crave a burger or if you’re looking for some healthy food for a birthday party or family get-together, be sure to try this recipe. You won’t be disappointed. 🙂Print
Healthy Mini Chicken Burgers Recipe
A delicious and healthy alternative to store bought chicken burgers.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 9 minu burgers 1x
- 9 mini burger buns
- 200 grams skinless chicken breast (cut into small pieces)
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ medium sized onion
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 2–3 pinches salt
- 2–3 pinches pepper
- 1 tomato sliced
- ½ head frilly iceberg (or your choice of lettuce)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- Preheat the oven to 185°C.
- Place the chicken, garlic, onion, spring onions, salt, and pepper in a food processor and grind.
- Evenly stick the ground chicken mixture into 9 holes of a silicone muffin pan (I make it a little thick and cut each in half when done to create that double burger feel) and cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- At 15 minutes in, put the buns in the oven to toast. If your oven is not big enough, you can toast the buns for about 10 minutes after the chicken is done.
- Cut the chicken patties in half horizontally. On your toasted bun bases arrange the frilly iceberg, chicken, and tomato.
- Mix the ketchup with the chili sauce and drizzle the mixture over the chicken. Then, finish with the remaining bun tops
You can use a different type of meat. Just keep the meat lean if you want the burgers to be healthy.
Keywords: healthy chicken burger, healthy burger, healthy game food, healthy party food
All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.